Job Posting: Financial Manager
Reports to: Management Team, with supervision by Co-Publisher
Location: works on-site in Copper Canyon Press office in Port Townsend, Washington
Salary range: $52,000 - $62,500 annually
Copper Canyon Press, an independent nonprofit publisher of poetry, is hiring a Financial Manager for their Port Townsend, Washington office. Principal responsibilities include financial planning, controls, and functions of the press. Salary range $52,000 - $62,500 plus health, dental, and employer-funded SEP. Preference given to candidates with at least three years of experience, working knowledge of GAPP, and fluency with QuickBooks and Excel.
- Works with Management Team (MT) to provide financial analysis and recommendations for business planning and oversight; prepares timely and accurate reports as needed for the MT’s presentation to the board of directors;
- Serves as point person in the preparation of the annual budget forecast;
- Prepares and maintains a cash flow report to monitor departmental performance;
- Advises MT on regular quarterly analysis of cash flow;
- Manages line of credit activity and commercial loan renewals;
- Manages existing reserve investments;
- Reconciles discrepancies between database and accounting software;
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, and supervision of Accounting Assistant;
- Prepares monthly internal financial reports;
- Provides financial information supporting grant applications and fulfills grant progress report requests;
- Oversees banking deposits and balances;
- Maintains schedule of and files for all federal and state tax returns;
- Maintains key external relationships relevant to sustaining efficient and sound financial practices (e.g. auditor, bank reps)
- Oversees and manages all monthly accounts payable and accounts receivable activity;
- Schedules and prepares all financial documents necessary for annual audit/review.
Board of Directors Support
- Prepares quarterly internal financial statements for the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors;
- Attends and facilitates all Finance Committee meetings;
- Facilitates renewal of corporate liability and directors insurance coverage.
Human Resources Liaison
- Serves as Human Resources contact for employees;
- Upholds and maintains policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Handbook;
- Maintains human resource files for employee benefits;
- Manages employee benefits programs, practices.
Author Contracts and Responsibilities
- Manages all authors' royalties and advances according to contract;
- Oversees maintenance of all author contract files in paper form and in the database;
- Manages royalty records in database and in financial software.
- Assists in managing IT consultants and ongoing IT needs;
- Performs other duties as requested;
- Attends weekly staff meetings to report on activities of Finance Department;
- Attends annual staff/board retreat and other board and staff functions as required;
- Working knowledge of GAAP
Copper Canyon Press is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from BIPOC candidates. Application deadline is Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
Please submit the following materials via Submittable:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV summary
Position will be open until filled. With questions, email .
COPPER CANYON PRESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. CCP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or other protected class.